[ModLib] Dostoyevsky spelling.

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 15:51:48 EDT 2008

I think this may have been discussed a while back. I have some copies of Dostoyevsky titles with the "y" dropped out of his name - Dostoevsky. Was this on purpose or an accident.  I know very early on his first name was transliterated Fiodor instead of Fyodor.  Perhaps for a while they thought dropping the "y" was a more accurate transliteration of Dostoyevsky.

My 80's faux of Crime and Punishment has this spelling as well as a mid or late 60's regular of this title.

Darrell