[ModLib] ML in the movies

JOHN PETERSON jpetersonlhi at verizon.net
Thu Aug 14 19:55:26 EDT 2008

1) Book title (linked to main ModernLib entry) Wuthering Heights
> (2) movie title  The Namesake (2007)
> (3) where seen in movie  The middle (?)
> (4) comments: A supporting actor, an Indian Immigrant, is reading this
> Modern Library edition.  The brief scene effectively communicates his
> energetic attempt to absorb western culture.  Not too far from the
> original ML selling philosophy.
> (5) contributor  John Peterson

P.S.  I'm going from memory here....it's been several months since I've seen
this excellent movie, very much based on literature.  An Indian scholar who
immigrates to the west names his son Gogol.  The storyline involves the son,
who resents the odd name, coming to understand what the father meant in
insisting on the name.