[ModLib] Dostoyevsky abuse

Toby G Levy tobylevy at juno.com
Sun Aug 10 20:00:51 EDT 2008

I was in a bookstore the other day and I saw a copy of Dostoevsky's the
Possessed in a 50s printing. On the dust jacket it hawked a new
"surpressed" chapter never before included in the novel.  I knew I had
the ML first from the 30s and I agonized over whether to buy the
additional copy and eventually I did and when I got home and compared the
two they were identical!  Same introduction, same page numbers,
everything.

How could Bennett and company have the nerve to put that on the dust
jacket more than twenty years after first publishing the book?

Toby