[ModLib] Illustrated Alice with alternate cover?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Sep 20 14:00:43 EDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Clare Imholtz wrote:

> I am late in coming to all this fascinating
> correspondence about the Illustrated ML Alice, and
> like Darrell, I have to wonder. The first image you
> posted, Scot, has the title information partially
> covering the cover illustration, as Darrell notes. The
> second doesn't. Perhaps there is a reason for this,
> but I missed it?????  The first image looks very
> suspect.

He had originally sent the first image with the acetate covering the
book:
http://www.ModernLib.com/AliceML.jpg

I specifically asked for a second image showing the cover panel and
the spine, but without the acetate:
http://www.ModernLib.com/alice2.jpg

> ... I recently acquired a copy of this book in a
> slipcase with a label pertaining to the Philco
> Convention at which it was a giveaway. I'm sorry I
> don't have the exact info right now as I'm not at
> home, but I can send a pic in a day or two if anyone
> is interested. :)

Is it this one?

http://www.modernlib.com/SiteImages/alice%20box.gif

It's displayed here: