[ModLib] Illustrated Alice with alternate cover?

Clare Imholtz muldoone99 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 13:31:56 EDT 2007

I am late in coming to all this fascinating
correspondence about the Illustrated ML Alice, and
like Darrell, I have to wonder. The first image you
posted, Scot, has the title information partially
covering the cover illustration, as Darrell notes. The
second doesn't. Perhaps there is a reason for this,
but I missed it?????  The first image looks very
suspect.

Second, I didn't see that Scot's question, "What
slipcase?" was answered. Was the Illustrated ML Alice
ordinarily issued in a slipcase? (Again, forgive me if
I missed the explanation.)

Third, I recently acquired a copy of this book in a
slipcase with a label pertaining to the Philco
Convention at which it was a giveaway. I'm sorry I
don't have the exact info right now as I'm not at
home, but I can send a pic in a day or two if anyone
is interested. :)

Clare Imholtz