[ModLib] Addition to previous Alice posting

kamins at modernlib.com kamins at modernlib.com
Mon Sep 17 19:00:06 EDT 2007

Barry,
Let me see if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that ML printed up the Illustrated Alice that were all familiar with, and then for some reason printed more? Why would they do that? And what slipcase are you speaking of?

- Scot

 strated Alice with alternate cover?

> >Folks,
> >
> >Here's another image of that Alice, confirming that it is indeed an
> >ML edition:
> >
> >http://www.ModernLib.com/alice2.jpg
> >
> >What do you think? I've never seen this before.

> >> Folks,
> >>
> >> A reader sent me the following image:
> >>
> >> http://www.ModernLib.com/AliceML.jpg
> >>
> >> Note that the cover image is different from the ones already on
> >> ModernLib:
> >>
> >> http://www.modernlib.com/Rarities/Alice.html
> >>
> >> The reader says "The book has no date on the title page nor the
> >> copyright page. The interior illustrations are the same as you
> >> show. Is it a later printing or edition?"
> >>
> >> I've asked the reader to confirm that this is an ML book (as
> >> opposed to a Random House book with the ML acetate) and am waiting
> >> to hear back.
> >>

> >- Scot kamins
> >"What if
 this weren't a hypothetical question?"