[ModLib] Modern Library Chronicles

pecksgrove at aol.com pecksgrove at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 09:01:53 EDT 2007

Darrel
Over the years, I have gone to many places to find ml books for my collection.? Although I have peramters of a dj and excellent condition, a first ed is not apriority.? I collect ML because they offer consistently great literature of the domestic as well as international flavor, and actually read, or intend to read, all the ML in my collection, which currently amounts to 1013 volumes,? With the exception of the Illustrated, I don't worry about all the different dj version, nor do I try to collect a version which was printed in Giant as well as regular.? The listings range from BL to Modern ML.? It would have been nice if the newer hardbacks had been priced according to the ML philosophy of provided quality literature for pocket book prices, I thought they were overpriced for reprint.? Which is what ML is, reprints for the most part.? I absolutely love the range of material they provide, as my reading, as well as my travels, takes me over the world and it is nice to be able to
  see what I have read about.? Dos Passos Three Soldiers comes to mind.? There are a myriad of places to find ML from store front to ebay, I have even found them in my clients homes, as well as an auction from an ex-govenor of Nebraska.? Some copies I will never obtain, but the best of the best source is Sharon Biederman and Amy Comeau, two of the most wonderful people with which to work.

Don