[ModLib] Variation on regular binding style 12?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sun Nov 4 13:15:34 EST 2007

On Nov 4, 2007, at 6:54 AM, TheBookScene.com wrote:

> I have a Conrad 'Victory' ML #34 copyright date 1921, jacket price-
> clipped. Binding style is number 12, EXCEPT spine lettering is gold
> (not silver) and endpapers are plain white paper. So what do I call
> the binding style???

[But seriously, folks] I'd call it a 12 - maybe a late one, guessing
here, because of the ink color. I've always considered the end paper
styles to be one identifying factor, but certainly not an essential
one, to identifying a style. Rather, I go by spine style, front cover
logo, board stiffness, and size.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
                  - Benj. Franklin (perhaps)