Fw: enquiry

JOSEPH HILL goodbooks at webtv.net
Fri Mar 30 15:34:24 EDT 2007

Can anyone be of help here?

SPECIALIZE IN MODERN LIBRARY
FOLIO SOCIETY OF LONDON
LOEB CLASSICAL LIBRARY
EVERYMAN'S  LIBRARY

-----Original Message-----
From: John Spiers
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 2:20 AM
To: goodbooks at webtv.net
Subject: enquiry

Dear Joe Hill,

I hope you may be able to help me, please.

I came across your name in Terry Seymour's Guide to collecting the Everyman Library.

I have collected popular Victorian & Edwardian fiction, mainly British, for 20 years and own something like 22,000 volumes. I am working now on a handful of publishers, for a new book. One is the otherwise unknown Richard Edward King. Lots of his cheapest books are on Abe. However, I seek his children's books, his paper-covered editions (from 1886-1922), and anything unusual. I wonder if you ever have anything like this, please?

I do own a few Everyman Library books, but as this field has been so well covered I have not bought many. Perhaps I should try to improve my holdings!

I would greatly value any help. If you are in the UK, we live in the SE near Gatwick Airport, and do come and see the collection.

Every good wish.

Dr. John Spiers.