REDUX: War in the Air Dates???

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sat Mar 24 12:20:31 EDT 2007

On Mar 24, 2007, at 5:14 AM, John wrote:

> I have two copies of 5.2, both with catalog 4, dating them to
> Spring 1918.
> One copy has type A endpapers and the other has blank or type F
> endpapers.
> In addition, the latter is only about 2/3 the thickness of the former.

Thanks much, John. This suggests that Ron's guess for 5.1 being
limited to 1917 may be right.

- Scot Kamins
The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms or other types of
arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection
of taxes and dues, and tends to permit uprising.

            -- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Shogun of Japan, August 29, 1558