REDUX: War in the Air Dates???

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Fri Mar 23 20:09:50 EDT 2007

On Mar 23, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Scot Kamins wrote:

> F...........
> Subject: Re: MLs that were B&L only
> From: "Gordon Neavill" <aa3401 at removed>
> Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:42:52 -0400
>
> <snip>
>
> Howells, Hazard of New Fortunes Norris, McTeague Wells, War in the
> Air Beerbohm, Zuleika Dobson (Macmillan Co. in NY terminated the
> reprint contract, but Cerf and Klopfer were able to recover reprint
> rights and it was restored to the series in 1926 after being absent
> for three years)

> The Guide lists nothing for War in the Air (either flavor) after
> 1923. But Barry's note indicates there should be something sarting
> in 1926.

WAIT- I think that Barry's comments referred to reprint rights to
Dobson, which did come back into the series. The other titles were B-
L only. Sorry for THAT confusion - my bad.

But it still leaves my original question: the real dates for the two
War titles. Ron Holl suggested elsewhere that 5.1 was 1917 only --
and that for just a couple of months. He suggests that 5.2 went 1917
- 1923.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in
private and wash your hands afterwards.
-- Robert Heinlein