Memoirs of Casanova translator

Printmat at aol.com Printmat at aol.com
Mon Mar 19 18:00:49 EDT 2007

Machen did an unabridged translation in 12 volumes of Casanova's Memoirs in
1894, which was frequently reprinted. So no, the significant abridgement wasn't
created expressly for the Modern Library. I don't know why the translator
isn't credited, but it's far from being the only ML title where that's the case.

all best,
Bob Riedel