Who has "Humphry Clinker" spelled "Humphrey" on the DJ?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Sat Mar 17 00:08:17 EDT 2007

Huh.  That would make the odd spelling unlikely then.

Let's see who else reports on this.

Thanks much, Pete.

On Mar 16, 2007, at 7:18 PM, dchock7 at aol.com wrote:

> Scot,
> I have a first in a Spring 1929 DJ with the spelling "Humphry."
> Pete

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
                  - Benj. Franklin (perhaps)