Who was Nicholas the Terrified? (was Re: Verification of Imperial Orgy blurb)

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Mar 15 11:29:39 EDT 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 6:08 PM, JOHN PETERSON wrote:

> Scot, I'm not a Russian history buff, but my guess is that the DJ
> refers to Nicholas II, the last Czar of Russia, who was executed
> three years before Saltus wrote his book.  Google had this
> beginning description of his rule:
> "Nicholas II, the last Russian Emperor, was the eldest son of
> Alexander III and was born on May 6, 1868. He ascended the throne
> after the death of his father on October 20, 1894, and was crowned
> on May 14, 1896....According to contemporaries, Nicholas was gentle
> and approachable. Those who met him easily forgot that they were
> face to face with the Emperor. In private life, he was undemanding
> but had contradictions in his character, tending to weakness and
> inconsistency."

Thanks much, John. I'll follow up on this lead.

civil disobedience
n.
Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in
governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of
passive resistance or other nonviolent means.