Who was Nicholas the Terrified? (was Re: Verification of Imperial Orgy blurb)

JOHN PETERSON jpetersonlhi at verizon.net
Thu Mar 15 21:08:09 EDT 2007

Scot, I'm not a Russian history buff, but my guess is that the DJ refers to
Nicholas II, the last Czar of Russia, who was executed three years before
Saltus wrote his book.  Google had this beginning description of his rule:
"Nicholas II, the last Russian Emperor, was the eldest son of Alexander III
and was born on May 6, 1868. He ascended the throne after the death of his
father on October 20, 1894, and was crowned on May 14, 1896....According to
contemporaries, Nicholas was gentle and approachable. Those who met him
easily forgot that they were face to face with the Emperor. In private life,
he was undemanding but had contradictions in his character, tending to
weakness and inconsistency."

John Peterson