Verification of Imperial Orgy blurb

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Mar 14 16:39:13 EDT 2007

Folks,

I was typing up the blurb from the front DJ panel of Saltus' Imperial
Orgy. Can someone who has this book please verify the text and
punctuation? (I had to use the small ModernLib image so I'm not sure
of what I've written.) I'm particularly interested in the sobriquet
"Nicholas the Terrified" :
The story of the Russian Czars is one long carnival of cruelty and
lust, of a great, overgrown, thoroughly rotten Oriental despotism
gradually but certainly tottering to its fall. A whole dynasty plays
its part in this book — Ivan the Terrible, Peter the Great, the
Empress Catherine,and finally, Nicholas the Terrified. The Imperial
Orgy is in effect a moving picture history of Russia with the Czars
as the principal actors.

This is the first Edgar Saltus title in the Modern Library.

Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its
operating manual.
                                                      - Terry Pratchett