Missing styles during the 60's.

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Tue Mar 13 16:47:35 EDT 2007

On Mar 12, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Darrell Johnson wrote:

> ML Regular Hardbacks had many format changes in the sixties.  In
> particular, the first hardback format ended in 1963 and two styles
> appeared briefly in 1963 followed by another that lasted until 1967.
>
> Is it possible to know which titles were actually printed in ALL of
> those formats?  It seems likely that many titles would not have
> required reprints during 1963 and may have missed either one or
> both of the brief formats introduced and discontinued in 1963.
>
> I've also wondered the same thing about the balloon cloth formats.
> One format lasted only during 1930.  Were all of the extant titles
> reprinted during that short period, or did some miss showing up in
> that format?

Ron Holl is currently gathering and sorting data on this topic from a
variety of sources (including several cooperating ModernLib members).
The Bindings Project will list every observed binding style for each
title. When Ron has compiled sufficient info, his findings will be
published on ModernLib in a variety of forms. It's a very large
project and of course is taking a while for Ron to do.

Stay tuned.

"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds."
                                    -Albert Einstein