Missing styles during the 60's.

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 14:00:11 EDT 2007

The discussion about Flowering Judas has reminded me of question I have had for a while.

  ML Regular Hardbacks had many format changes in the sixties.  In particular, the first hardback format ended in 1963 and two styles appeared briefly in 1963 followed by another that lasted until 1967.

  Is it possible to know which titles were actually printed in ALL of those formats?  It seems likely that many titles would not have required reprints during 1963 and may have missed either one or both of the brief formats introduced and discontinued in 1963.

  I've also wondered the same thing about the balloon cloth formats.  One format lasted only during 1930.  Were all of the extant titles reprinted during that short period, or did some miss showing up in that format?

  Darrell