ML Spelling Casualness

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Mar 7 14:53:25 EST 2007

Folks,

In working on the notes for "Tales of Genji" I discovered another
example of ML's casualness in terms of the spelling of names: While
the book and the DJ front both spell the author's name "Murasaki",
the name is spelled "Murasaka" (final letter changed from an "i" to
an "a") in all the back-of-book catalogs and inverse DJ lists that I
checked.

Say what you want, ML's editors will NEVER be accused of foolish
consistency.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"  ~ Emerson