What year did Meredith's Ordeal get the Stevenson intro?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Mar 4 15:45:29 EST 2007

The introduction was commissioned for ML College Editions and was originally published in that format in 1950. It was probably added to the regular ML edition the next time it was reprinted. The earliest copy I've seen with the introduction is spring 1956, based on the jacket (there's no ML list in the book).

Anybody have an earlier 1950s copy with the Stevenson introduction?

Barry