[ModLib] The Best Sellers

Michael Watson archetype at 20ants.com
Tue Jun 26 19:54:04 EDT 2007

When scouting/scavenging I almost always find the big AA book in the
company of the Book Of Mormon. Possible Assumption #1 is that people
don't want to keep blue books. Possible Assumption #2 is that when
folks quit Mormonism they reembrace booze.

-Michael

At 08:11 AM 6/26/2007, you wrote:

> > I hate arcania.
>
>Do you mean arcana?  No arcana, no fun.
>

> > James is a best-seller probably because it's quoted in the Big Book
> > of Alcoholics Anonymous, used by all the 12-step programs.
>
>I thought AA members could choose between this and The Lost
>Weekend.  And most choose the latter.   Well, if not, this would
>explain a high rate of relapse.
>

> > 204.1 is Dickens's Pickwick Papers. I have no idea what D4 is.
>
>And I ain't gonna tell ya what D4 is!  But I am sure some astute
>collector will post the answer sometime soon.

  Michael Watson, bookman                           Indianapolis IN USA
  archetype at 20ants.com       www.20ants.com        (317)514-3829
  Fine press, limiteds & unusual non-fiction. Appraisal & cataloging
  Traditional courtesies to the trade. Always seeking better books.
  President: Independent Online Booksellers Association (IOBA)
  www.ioba.org
  Offering a safe, secure bookbuying experience at
  www.iobabooks.com/browse_books.php?id=47132