[ModLib] The Best Sellers

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Mon Jun 25 21:31:00 EDT 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 5:59 PM, Ron Holl wrote:

>> 1.) 200.3
>> 2.) 70.2
>> 3.))12.3

I hate arcania. For   people who hate to do research (or who can't
find their Toledano Guides):

200.3 = Six Plays of Rodgers & Hammerstein
70.2 = James's Varieties of Religious Experience
12.3 = Donne's Complete Poetry and Selected Prose

> You have explained 200.3 before.  But 70.2 and 12.3?  I am very
> surprised at those.

James is a best-seller probably because it's quoted in the Big Book
of Alcoholics Anonymous, used by all the 12-step programs.
Donne is likely needed by every English major.

> I would have expected 204.1 (or D4 if you prefer) to be at the top
> of the list.  It is the best ML title.

204.1 is Dickens's Pickwick Papers. I have no idea what D4 is.