[ModLib] Needed: Scans of G1 Binding, Ga DJ Back

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Jun 10 15:58:10 EDT 2007

Scot,

I don't have a scanner at home but could have them scanned at work later this week.

There are 2 distinct Ga jacket backs, though in the same style. The fall 1931 titles list a selection of regular ML books and the first three Giants; the spring 1932 titles list the first five Giants.

Also, the fall 1932 jackets (Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire) are similar to Gb jackets but list 8 instead of 7 standards that the ML "laid down by the publishers the day that the first Modern Library book appeared, and since then undeviatingly adhered to". The subsequently omitted standard was "3. Limp binding that is handsome as well as durable."

Barry