[ModLib] Results of the Book | DJ Poll

Morgan, Martha G m.morgan at austin.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:37:57 EDT 2007

Quelle petulance! (no aigu)

Or should I say, "Quel pet tu lances"?

DJ here.

________________________________

From: modlib-bounces at owu.edu on behalf of Scot Kamins
Sent: Mon 6/4/2007 6:43 PM
To: ML mailing list
Subject: [ModLib] Results of the Book | DJ Poll

folks,

As usual, dealing with ML collectors is as complex as dealing with ML
books.

I recently took a poll, asking folks their collecting emphasis - book
or DJ.

50 of about 130 mailing list members responded.  (Why the heck the
other 80 or so people couldn't be bothered to spend 10 seconds
responding is beyond me.) Of the 47, the breakdown is:

Book paramount:   13
DJ paramount: 34
Equally important: 3

I was surprised at these results. I had expected the percentage of DJ
concentrators to far outweigh the book concentrators, but there you
are -- of those expressing a preference, 27% are book people. So
while the total sample is indeed small, I find the this all interesting.

We would have had a better idea if the rest of the subscribers had
responded. Pretty damn annoying. I wonder how many of those non-
responders are non-ModernLib members who eagerly use the free info
both there and on this list.

And we say good-bye to you also,
For you seem never to have discovered
That your relationship is wholly parasitic;
Yet to our feasts you bring neither
Wit, nor good spirits, nor the pleasing attitudes
Of discipleship.
                      (from Amities, Ezra Pound)