[ModLib] Pushkin DJ unique to 1st?

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Mon Jul 30 15:28:13 EDT 2007

The Pushkin Giant jacket in orange brown and black was unique to the first printing. The Giant was published in spring 1943; inside the jacket is a spring 1943 list. The second printing in spring 1944 has the jacket in black brown and red.

The change was made because Cerf didn't like the original jacket. I think he was right; the black jacket is more striking. By the way, I just noticed I don't have a copy of the black jacket. Does anyone have a copy of the Pushkin in a black jacket for sale?

Barry