[ModLib] Match Book

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Mon Jul 30 15:24:24 EDT 2007

On Jul 28, 2007, at 6:29 PM, JOSEPH HILL wrote:

> When ML match book covers show up on ebay they tend to bring high
> prices.
> Today, we have a "Viking Portable Library" match book listed
> on ebay at just over two bucks, with no bids, last time I checked.
> So, it sure depends on the popularity of the series one collects..

eBay: 270148185432

Benj Clark sent me the following info on another Viking Portable
matchbook -- this one, an "entire" with all matches intact:

> Ebay: 150146121573.  Not mentioned in the listing, but there it is
> on the back of a bookseller’s matchbook.  Scroll to the last photo.

The Viking is one of a batch of matchbooks in the same auction.
Unfortunately, it doesn't show the inside, so you can't see if it's
like the ML matchbook also on auction that has a different tile on
each match

eBay: 160142703432

By the way, there's an article on ModernLib about advertising
matchbooks here:

http://www.modernlib.com/Rarities/matchbook.html

Scot Kamins

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke