[ModLib] Dana Two Years before the Mast correction

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sat Jul 28 17:37:01 EDT 2007

I need to correct my just-posted email about Dana's Two Years before the Mast.

The latest copy I've seen without the "Concluding Chapter" has a spring 1947 list at the end of the volume (includes Aristotle Introduction but not Lewis Dodsworth). The jacket is fall 1948 as described, but the book itself is a spring 1947 printing. So the "Concluding Chapter" was added sometime between SPRING 1947 and fall 1954.

Can anyone help date the inclusion of the "Concluding Chapter" before fall 1954?

Many thanks,

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program