[ModLib] Anyone have a non-4 or non-first Hauptmann?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Fri Jul 13 21:50:04 EDT 2007

On Jul 13, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Gordon Neavill wrote:

> Hauptmann's Heretic of Soana was published in late July 1928 and
> discontinued in April 1931. It must have sold very poorly, and
> since the first printing was 6,000 copies, I doubt there was more
> than one printing

Yes. You had commented on this in an earlier post that I discovered.
(I'd been searching for information on what book lists went with what
1st editions to add to BookNotes - found quite af ew, as it turned
out. :-D ) But I thought that the book blocks were printed and
sometimes set aside for separate binding as needed -- thus even a
slow seller might come out in several bindings.  No?

"I hate writing; I love having written." --  Dorothy Parker