[ModLib] Culture of Publisher's Series Conference, London, Oct. 2007

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Thu Jul 5 22:29:36 EDT 2007

I thought ML collectors would be interested to know about an international conference being held at the Institute of English Studies, University of London, October 18-19, 2007.

I will be opening the conference with a keynote lecture titled "Canonicity, Reprint Publishing, and the Sociology of Literature."

Terry I. Seymour will be presenting a paper on October 19 titled "Great Books by the Millions: J. M. Dent's Everyman's Library."

Other presenters include speakers from Spain, Greece, Canada, Holland, Germany, Belgium, Australia, France, India, Ireland, Hong Kong, and the U.S. It will be a wonderful opportunity to learn about publisher's series all over the world from the 18th century to the present.

The conference promises to be extraordinarily interesting. I'll post information about registration when that becomes available. The intention is to publish the conference papers as a book, so most of the papers will eventually be available in that form.

Gordon B. Neavill
Associate Professor
Library and Information Science Program
106 Kresge Library