Was Counterfeiters gone 1946 - 1962?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Jan 31 17:36:26 EST 2007

Folks,

According to The Guide, Gide's The Counterfeiters left the series in
1946 and rejoined in 1962 (adding Journal of The Counterfeiters to
the volume). To leave the series and then come back is a bit unusual
(although not unique, of course - it happened to Zuleika Dobson I
think,  and perhaps one or two other titles). So I have two questions:

(1) Can someone confirm that it did leave and re-enter the series?
(2) If so, why did it leave and then come back?

I tried to find the answer in the ListServ archives, but Amenities is
down t the moment so I don't know if this has come up before.

Character is what you do when nobody's watching.