1st edition points for Faulkner's Intruder in the Dust???

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Sun Jan 28 16:04:05 EST 2007

Intruder in the Dust was published in the ML in fall 1964. It was listed in the "Weekly Record" of newly published books in the Nov. 9 issue of Publishers Weekly.

The first printing was published in Henry's binding 11 with gray endpapers; the back panel of the jacket is Henry's k.

This combination was in use through spring 1966. I don't know if there was more than one printing during this period. Copies with tan endpapers were bound (and probably printed) after spring 1966.

Barry