Question re Du Maurier's Peter Ibbetson

Sharon Biederman sbiederm at nova.umuc.edu
Sat Jan 27 16:24:11 EST 2007

Taylor may have translated Peter Ibbetson, but not for the Modern Library
series.  The book was adapted as a opera (very succesfully) and Deems
Taylor was one of the authors of the libretto as well as the composer.
The libretto was written in French and English to remain true to the
spirit of the book, which contains numerous French phrases and several
poems. Du Maurier was bilingual.

Sharon