Question re Du Maurier's Peter Ibbetson

JOHN PETERSON jpetersonlhi at verizon.net
Sat Jan 27 16:17:05 EST 2007

Scot,

>From the end flap comments:  "[George] Du Maurier's famous romance has
already had four incarnations.  Originally, in book form, it achieved a
success for its author second only to the furor created by his own Trilby.
Then as a play, in has been ,since 1915, a perennial favorite.  As an opera,
with a score by Deems Taylor, it found a prominent place in the repertory of
the Metropolitan Opera Company, and, finally as a conema, it has reached
countless thousands of people.  In its original form, it remains a book of
enchantment and transcendent beauty."

John Peterson