Books in Kid's Genre?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Jan 18 12:19:50 EST 2007

I got stuck on the adventure and horror books - didn't know whether
to add them or not.

Do librarians have these in the Adolescent section?

I read Hunchback, Crusoe, and Gulliver in high school and liked them
(along with Sherlock Holmes, Dracula, Poe).

The librarians in the group will have to tell me.

LIBRARIANS, I SUMMON THEE!!!!

On Jan 18, 2007, at 8:37 AM, Bill DiBenedetto wrote:

>> In addition to the ones already mentioned:
> Gulliver's Travels
> Two Years Before the Mast
> Robinson Crusoe
> Red Badge of Courage
> Hunchback of Notre Dame
> Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
> The Yearling
>

> I think it's a stretch to list Gulliver's Travels, Robinson Crusoe and
> Hunchback of Notre Dame as children's books, despite their Disney,
> bowdlerized and highly abridged cartoon and comic versions. They
> certainly
> weren't written with the younger set in mind. These days a 12-year
> old (or
> thereabouts) would have to be pretty precocious to get past a page
> or two of
> those titles. I didn't plow through them until I hit my college
> years and
> then only because I was an English major.
>
> Another possibility for the list - Tales of Edgar Allen Poe, which
> blew me
> away as a young reader.
>
> bill
> 206-491-0296 (work)