1940 revised edition of Butler's Way of All Flesh?

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Jan 17 13:59:24 EST 2007

On Jan 17, 2007, at 10:17 AM, Darrell Johnson wrote:

>      When I processed Way of All Flesh into my database I was
> unable to find any difference between the 1917-1940 version and the
> 1940-1950.  The 1950-1970 version dropped The Note on the Text.
> This was the only difference I could discern between the three.

So as far as you can tell, there was no 1940 revised edition? By the
way, according to the Guide, an introduction was added in 1950.

"McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag
filled with vegetable soup." - from an anonymous high school essay