1940 revised edition of Butler's Way of All Flesh?

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 13:17:12 EST 2007

Scot,
       When I processed Way of All Flesh into my database I was unable to find any difference between the 1917-1940 version and the 1940-1950.  The 1950-1970 version dropped The Note on the Text.  This was the only difference I could discern between the three.

  Darrell

Scot Kamins <kamins at ModernLib.com> wrote:
  Folks,

In the Guide is a comment attached to 13.1 Butler Way of All Flesh:
Rvs E 1940

Does anyone know what the "revision" was from the 1917 edition? The
Guide adds an introduction in 1950, but doesn't say what the 1940 rev
was. There's nothing in the ListServ archives about this that I can
find.

(This info will go on that title's Book Notes page.)

Thanks,

"He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant, and she was the
East River." - from an anonymous high school essay