Couple of new ModernLib projects to announce

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Fri Jan 12 15:32:43 EST 2007

Folks,

There are several new projects in the pipeline here at ModernLib
World Headquarters. Here are details on two of them:

1) Some time ago somebody (I forget who - although I think it was
either Peterson or Wolansky, they being the guys that give me the
most work to do) asked for info about the people who wrote
introductions to ML books. So I'm going to construct a table listing
the names and contributions of all the writers of forewords and
intros with links to bios (if I can find them). As soon as I develop
a prototype for this table, I'll publish a link to it.

2) I've decided to expand the Book Notes (accessible by clicking the
little blue "i" icon) that appear on some Author pages. Before, these
notes would appear on random pages depending on whether there was
something of interest to say about a particular title that wasn't to
be found elsewhere on ModernLib nor in the Guide. This proved
troublesome in that if you wanted info on a particular title you'd
have to look in several places to get a complete picture. But from
now on, you'll be able to find all the info about a particular title
in one place. Henry Toledano has graciously granted me permission to
include info from the Guide on ModernLib, so Book Notes will also
include first edition points. Eventually there will be Book Notes for
all titles. This will take quite a while for me to finish, of course
-- there are many hundreds of titles to deal with! As I do them,
notice will appear on the ModernLib Change Log page (http://
www.modernlib.com/General/changeLog.html).

Here's a link to the general template I'm using:
http://www.ModernLib.com/notesTemplate.html

Of course, entries will be individualized; items that don't apply
won't be included.

And here's a link to the first applied template example:
http://www.ModernLib.com/notesStokerDracula.html

NOTE: This is a member's only feature, but anybody can see the
templates.

Your feedback is solicited on the template - am I missing anything?

Join ModernLib for access to thousands of ML images and tons of
members-only info!