Two Blue Droll Stories

Gordon Neavill aa3401 at wayne.edu
Wed Feb 14 12:46:13 EST 2007

Thanks, Sharon -- your spring 1938 blue jacket with 257 titles is the earliest I'm aware of and I've adjusted my bibliography accordingly.

John's spring 1943 larger format blue jacket with 291 titles is the earliest I've seen or heard about, though I suspect there may be at least one earlier one. The latest blue jacket I'm aware of (a copy in my collection) is spring 1944 (299 titles).

Joe Hill has the earliest brown/reddish orange jacket I've seen (spring 1946 with 309 titles).

It's possible that slightly earlier or later copies of each jacket could turn up, but I think we've narrowed things down pretty well at this point.

Barry