Why is ModernLib membership down?

Larry Turner jklturner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 7 18:08:50 EST 2007

Scot,
  I don't have a fully formed idea.  I am thinking about activities might generate daily/weekly readership and involvement.
  If I could go to one site -- this site -- everyday and learn what was in the market this week for ML volumes of value, I would do that.  E-Bay provides some information and ABE and Alibris are helpful and there are volumes offered now on the ML site.  But they each direct searches in different ways, and there is no comprehensive listing which can be accessed -- whether a ML site subscriber or not.
  Such an organization of the market could be beneficial to collectors and thus to the ML site.
  I'm not trying to "sell" THIS idea as much as stimulate a discussion that moves beyond personal experiences about why people do and do not buy ML editions.
  Maybe a phone conversation could help.  If you like, send me a number and I'll call, at your convenience.
  Thanks for your follow up question and your patience.  I'm really excited about the site and my own ML gathering and am trying to participate in making it better.
  Larry

Scot Kamins <kamins at ModernLib.com> wrote:

On Feb 7, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Larry Turner wrote:

> "Perhaps a more activist role, if added to current contents, would
> stimulate more interest; something like rationalizing the current
> market to support prices for value yet take advantage of offerings
> which are below "market" might be a stimulating exercise."

and

> S"o I suggest more current and active interactions around the
> site. To be sure, it would require effort to attain such."

Larry,

I don't think I follow what you're saying. Can you give an example of
what you mean?

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security are deserving of
neither liberty nor security."
- after Benjamin Franklin

Larry Turner
  6 Baysite Ln