Why is ModernLib membership down?

rebecca salame rebecca263 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:16:42 EST 2007

I;m not sure that I agree with tihs assessment. I am just a ML lover, not a
REAL collector. That said, I still regularly buy ML books for a dollar
apiece, or thereabouts. In fact, I periodically cull the herd by selling off
my doubles. There is something happening though, I've noticed that lately I
can't sell any of these beginner quality copies, not even at a dollar
apiece!
Only real collectors are buying, and they don't want the commons in used
condition that I sell.
Rebecca

Today's Quotation:
"Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." Albert Camus

----Original Message Follows----
From: HTatML at aol.com
All the aspects Joe mentions about older people collecting is probably
true.
But something else has happened : Some years ago many ML were visible on
the
shelves of the average store. You could pick a copy up for a few dollars.
When you had forty or fifty you were hooked: you wanted the more difficult
ones
to find. Now few people can begin their collection  without having to  pay
real money, so collecting never gets off the ground.
Henry for Books etc.