[ModLib] Looking for Binding Verification on a few Titles ATTN JK

Ron Holl modlib at alltel.net
Fri Aug 31 11:35:50 EDT 2007

>   You are indicating that your descriptions rely on Height and Spine Style only.  But the only difference between Toledano 9 and 10 is the Oval vs Hex blind-stamp on the Cover.  The same is true of Toledano's 11 and 12 - their only difference is the difference between the hex and "ml" blind stamp on the Covers.  If you don't distinguish them, you are collapsing the distinctions between 9 and 10 and between 11 and 12.  I think you need to maintain the distinction since Toledano's spine styles are the bases for the rest of the discussions about oddball bindings.
>
>   What do you think?

All I am saying is that the 9/10 and 11/12 spines are the same.  So in the "spine field" of x/y, the value of "y" (the "spine field") can be either 9/10 or 11/12.  In the "cover field" (the "x"), if it is tall with an ml blindstamp, it is a 14.  If it is standard size with ml blindstamp, it can be either a 12 or 13.  What more can one infer?

ron