[ModLib] Buckram Binding Styles Date Distribution

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Aug 29 13:37:19 EDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 8:33 AM, Lawrence, M.O. Buck wrote:

> Scott, I rechecked my numbering on my Giant Metropolitan Opera
> Guide... Doesn't this
> numbering put the pages in the late 1940's?

Yes - quite impossible for a buckram. Brings into question the
reliability of the catalogs in the back of giant buckrams. I'm going
to post this as a question to the Mailing List.

> Additionally, my binding to G85 (The Great Ages of Jewish...) is
> different than your two illustrated versions of Giant bindings.
> While in
> the general style of BG1, both of my torchbearers (spine and front)
> are
> the same. They are the runner with back arm up and the thin flame. So,
> you might have a newly reported additional binding type.

It's people like you that cause unrest in the ranks!

Can you send a scan of the spine & cover?

"He not busy being born is busy dying." -- Bob Dylan