[ModLib] Buckram Binding Styles Date Distribution

Lawrence, M.O. "Buck" Buck_Lawrence at hancockbank.com
Wed Aug 29 11:33:36 EDT 2007

Scott, I rechecked my numbering on my Giant Metropolitan Opera Guide.
The binding is in the style you have identified as BG2. The highest
numbered book in the back is #336. (What I had originally stated.)Maybe
they took old printings and placed in newer bindings? Doesn't this
numbering put the pages in the late 1940's?

Additionally, my binding to G85 (The Great Ages of Jewish...) is
different than your two illustrated versions of Giant bindings. While in
the general style of BG1, both of my torchbearers (spine and front) are
the same. They are the runner with back arm up and the thin flame. So,
you might have a newly reported additional binding type.

Buck