[ModLib] Buckram Binding Styles Date Distribution

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Fri Aug 17 16:11:26 EDT 2007

Folks,

I checked though my regular buckrams (about 50) looking at the
publication dates based on the back-of-book lists. Discovered some
interesting things:

B1   Spring 1959  + Fall 1963 - Spring 1967  (NO spring 1963)
B2   Spring 1963  ONLY
B3   Fall 1963   -  Spring 1965  (all mine are either Fall 1963 OR
Spring 1965 -- no other dates)

The only one with a pre-1963 catalog was a 1959 Kierkegard Anthology
(303.1), most interesting since that's also the date this title first
came into the series. The back-of-book list is Giant numerical list
ending with G82, The Faulkner Reader; it's the only buckram I have
with a numerical as opposed to alphabetic list.

So the B1's carried through most dates in the series right though to
the start of the Dead Zone as far as back-of-book lists are concerned.

Does anyone have a B1 BEFORE Fall 1963?

Does anyone have a B2 NOT done in Spring 1963?

Does anyone have a B3 NOT 1963 nor Spring 1965?

Can anyone confirm my findings?

Comments?

Anything?

Anybody wanna grab a beer?

- Scot kamins
"What if this weren't a hypothetical question?"