[ModLib] First Pass At "Quick Guide to Buckram Binding Styles of the 1960's" Is Up!

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Thu Aug 16 21:09:34 EDT 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 5:46 PM, JOHN PETERSON wrote:

> Scot, I have four type B2 buckrams.  3 of them (Captive by Proust,
> Death be Not Proud by Gunther, and Auden, Poetry) have giant
> catalogues; One, Life of Jesus by Renan, has a full catalogue.  All
> four date to Spring, '63.

John, thanks much for this. So far my theory is holding. :-D  Of
course, eventually I'd like to narrow in dates for the other styles
as well, but that may be elusive; the model I used for the B1 type
actually has a catalog dating to Spring 1967; I was hoping to see a
clear division -- to 1963 (B1), 1963 (B2), after 1963 (B2x).

By the way, if folks have combos of torchbearers and/or spines other
than the ones shown, please let me know.