[ModLib] Confirmed Bindings: Anna Karenina

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 15:30:41 EDT 2007

Scot,

  Yes, the booknotes references the changes in content, but the confirmed sightings list doesn't.  These to need to be "cross-referenced" in order that both the 50-65 Toledano 11 and the 65-70 Toledano 11 can be reported (if they both exist).

  Darrell

Scot Kamins <kamins at modernlib.com> wrote:

On Aug 16, 2007, at 11:54 AM, Darrell Johnson wrote:

> I was mining the confirmed bindings list for my database and I hit
> a problem at Anna Karenina. This title had some content changes
> in 1965. That means Toledano 12 1967-1967 may have both versions
> printed in it. It is also possible that it got buckramized in both
> versions. To anyone tracking their collections to this level those
> differences are important. I think the table needs to list titles
> with start and finish date ranges for content-different versions of
> the same titles.

Quite right. From the BookNotes page for that title:

1930 - 1950 reg, 1935 - 1965 giant (no intro)
1950 - 1965 reg (Troyat intro)
1965 - 1970 reg, 1965 - 1990 giant (Kent & Berberova intro)

scot Kamins
Play full-out until the whistle blows.