[ModLib] 80's Faux Break Point

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 11:14:31 EDT 2007

80's Faux Collectors,

  I was inputting some info into my database last night about my 80's Faux books and hit a real puzzle.  Henry's price guide indicates that from 1977-1980 the books had a blind stamp of the torch-bearer in the upper right hand corner of the cover (the stylized torch-bearer from the 67-68 and 69--70 spines), and the jackets were typographical.  From 80-85 they had a black printed logo in the center of the cover and wood-cut drawings on the jacket.

  My Mitford: Pursuit of Love/ Love in Cold Climate matches the 77-80 description, but it is clearly marked as a First Edition 1982!  That should mean that it would have a woodcut design on the jacket etc...

  Anyone have any idea what's up?  Is the break point a solid break point or did some new books get the new look, others kept the old?

  Thanks for any help,

  Darrell