[ModLib] 90's Hardback Sizes

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 16:23:29 EDT 2007

Collectors of the 90's Hardback series,

  If anyone is collecting the hardback series from 1992-present I would like your help.  I have a large number of these in my collection and have them in my database.  I used to simply list them as style: 90's hardback
            format: 90's hardback
       subformat: 90's hardback

  I treat them as one big collection that is separate from the previous regular, giant and 80's faux sets.  But I realize that there may be some collectors who treat the two sizes as coninuations of regulars from 1939-1970 - 80's Faux and then 90's Hardback and similar with the giant size.  So I have altered the database structure for the format and subformat of these to:
              style: 90's hardback           and            style: 90's hardback
           format: 90's HB Regular                        format: 90's HB Giant
      subformat: 90's HB Regular                     subformat: 90's HB Giant

  [Note the "subformat" 's are redundant here because there isn't enough variation in 90's Hardbacks to require such classification.]

  The inside of jackets for these eventually listed titles.  But the jacket lists do not ditinguish between regular and giant formats in their bindings.  I have determined most titles' actual size but I need help with the following;

      qryStyleFromatSubFomat Query      Author/Editor  Title      Angelou, Maya  The Collected Autobiographies of Maya Angelou    Antin, Mary  The Promised Land    Augustine, Saint  The Confessions    Babur  The Baburama    Barnes, Djuna  Nightwood    Berendt, John  Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: A Savannah Story    Brando, Marlon  Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me    Catherine the Great  The Memoirs of Catherine the Great    Chekhov, Anton  Three Plays (Chekhov)    Chopin, Kate  Christmas Classics from the Modern Library    Chopin, Kate  Christmas Classics from the Modern Library    Dickens, Charles  Hard Times    Didion, Joan  Slouching Towards Bethleham    Dumas, Alexander  The Three Musketeers    Hesse, Herman  Siddhartha    Hugo, Victor  The Toilers of the Sea    Jackson, Shirley  The Lottery and Other Stories    Jacobs, Jane  The Nature of Economics    Jefferson, Thomas  Light and Liberty: Reflections on the Persuit of Happiness    Liebling, A. J.  Between
 Meals    Mitford, Nancy  The Pursuit of Love and Love in a Cold Climate    Plimpton, George  The Writer's Chapbook    Rilke, Rainer Maria  A Poets Guide to Life    Rilke, Rainer Maria  Letters to a Young Poet    Rimbaud, Arthur  Rimbaud Complete Vol. I: Poetry and Prose    Ross, Harold  Letter from the Editor    Spender, Stephen  World Within World    Stegner, Wallace  Angle of Repose    Trevor, William  Nights at the Alexandra    Vidal, Gore  1876    Welty, Eudora  On Writing

  If you know which size any of these are please let me know.

  Thanks
  Darrell