[ModLib] Re: 60's binding with variations

Scot Kamins kamins at ModernLib.com
Wed Aug 15 13:01:10 EDT 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Ron Holl wrote:

>>   I have one real oddball to report.  It must have been produced
>> during binding 13 days.  It has the stylized torch-bearer and is
>> standard height.  But it has a spine title box like the 9 and 10
>> title boxex - a mere outlined box.  And the font used in the title
>> box is not the same as that used for 9 and 10.  Any ideas why this
>> was cobbled together?
>
> There are two different known variations on this.  I have been
> calling them 13- and 14-.
>
> 13- Titles:
> Selected Short Stories	Shaw I.	8, 12, 13-	j	x
>
> 14- Titles:
> Anthology of Irish Literature	Misc 	8, 10, 11, 14-, 14	i, l, o
> Mayor of Casterbridge	Hardy	1, 2, 4+, 5, 7, 8, 10, 14-, 14?	d, e,
> f, h, i, o
>

> Do you have an addition to these?
Maybe it's just me, but I'm having trouble following all these verbal
descriptions -- guess I'm just a visual kind of guy.  Darrell, if
you'll send me scans of this stuff, I'll post it on ModernLib for
folks to see. Would that be possible?

Every man has freedom to do all that he wills, provided he infringes
not the equal freedom of any other man. -- Herbert Spencer