[ModLib] Re: 60's binding with variations

Darrell Johnson zebradlj at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 12:58:58 EDT 2007

Ron,

  I see I left off the author title;  O'Hara BUtterfield 8   13-.

  Wht's your 14? in your list?

  Is your complete list on Scot's website?

  I am going to add a check box in my database for confirmed "subformats" (the tem I use in my database.  Is it Okay if mine your list for the established data?

  I think the collecting community needs to have discussion as to what to do with all of these abberations.  It appears that some of them need to be edited into Henry's list while others simply need to be noted as occasional variants.

  I am hoping that my database will be a valuable collector's tool someday.  I would like to know the best way structure the data to that end.  If I do anything with it at this time I would want input from the collectors on the best way to do it.

  Darrell

Ron Holl <modlib at alltel.net> wrote:
  > I have one real oddball to report. It must have been produced during binding 13 days. It has the stylized torch-bearer and is standard height. But it has a spine title box like the 9 and 10 title boxex - a mere outlined box. And the font used in the title box is not the same as that used for 9 and 10. Any ideas why this was cobbled together?

There are two different known variations on this. I have been calling them 13- and 14-.

13- Titles:
Selected Short Stories Shaw I. 8, 12, 13- j x

14- Titles:
Anthology of Irish Literature Misc 8, 10, 11, 14-, 14 i, l, o
Mayor of Casterbridge Hardy 1, 2, 4+, 5, 7, 8, 10, 14-, 14? d, e, f, h, i, o

Do you have an addition to these?

ron